Dr Shouvik Haldar (Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK) discusses the results of CASA-AF randomized controlled trial, which aimed to compare catheter ablation versus thoracoscopic surgical ablation in long-standing persistent AF patients.
1. What is the rationale for this study?
2. What was the design of this study?
3. What patients were included in the study?
4. What were the study endpoints? Were these met?
5. What were the results?
6. What conclusions can be made?
7. How should these findings impact clinical practice?
8. What are the next steps?
Recorded remotely from London, 2020.
Interviewer: Victoria Perroud
Recording Editor: Tom Green