Dr Oussama Wazni (Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, US) discusses the results of STOP AF First trial, which investigates cryoballoon catheter ablation as first-line treatment in antiarrhythmic drug naive paroxysmal AF.
1. What is the rationale behind this trial?
2. What is the trial design?
3. What is the inclusion criteria?
4. What were the main outcomes? Were they met?
5. What conclusions can be made?
6. What are the next steps?
7. What are the 'take-home' messages for clinicians?
Recorded remotely from Cleveland, 2020.
Interviewer: Victoria Perroud
Recording Editor: Tom Green